Sunday, December 23, 2012

What I am reading?

In a lounge "Red", I came across this book called "A love of her own" by Cheris F. Hodges.  Red is located in Noda Charlotte, NC. I am so happy to come across  this book. It is really hard for me to put it down.  It is a romance novel but it really is about allowing yourself to really live your life not the life everyone wants you to live.  Now, I am only half way through the book. It may have a twist at the end but it is what I am getting out of it thus far. 
 
This weekend, I have been off and the weekend is over. It went by so fast but I still felt productive in a way.  What I did? wrote in my journal, slept alot, watch plenty of TV, read, and church.  The perfect weekend.  I did look back and this weekend last year. I actually was with a whole different family and the family that raised me.  I never thought about it until now.  I do wonder: how my family felt?  Not to have me for Christmas, I assume that they understood.  You know that we should never assume.  They probably just dealt with it. 

Looking back, I became a woman this year. I really came in my own.  It is funny because at 14 years old. I thought that I was woman then. However, I really became a woman on this age of 26 years old. I really did not know anything at 14 years old and I still have a long ways to go.   My mother's birthday is today.  She is my inspiration because I only pray to be half the woman of her.  She is amazing in her own light.  She has rising above so many struggles and she still stands strong with grace.  I am my mother's daughter. One day, I want us to stand as woman and just acknowledge each other.  Just tell each other, you doing good woman.  Happy Birthday mother and may more wisdom come your way.Wow! I am excited to see what this new year will bring. One thing, I know for sure that I will stand for righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment